Program and Partnership Manager, Markshall Estate
Description of the role:
Markshall Estate is a great place to work! We have started to come up with a new organizational growth strategy (2020-25) with a focus on environmental sustainability, public engagement and education, which reflects the fundamental goals of the association. The association celebrates its 50th anniversary in November 2021 which will be a crucial stage in our development.
The Program and Partnership Manager is a new role, leading and demonstrating change with an exciting and busy public agenda. We have a great team of 35 people on contract, and that number is growing seasonally. The incumbent will work closely with the Executive Director and the Director of Operations to implement the relevant parts of the new 5-year development strategy. The role is responsible for the conceptual programming, the practical implementation of the events, the raising of sponsorship and grant funds, and the generation of income through ticket sales. As part of the senior management team, this role will report directly to and manage the work of relevant consultants, contractors and suppliers.
We are looking for an established professional and public events, willing to grow and develop in the role, with at least 3 years of relevant experience in a cultural or heritage site, and experience managing a team. The Program and Partnerships Manager will be highly organized, business minded and experienced in every aspect of preparing and delivering high quality events and securing sponsorship and funding, enabling Markshall Estate to ” achieve its strategic objectives. The successful candidate will be data-driven and financially savvy, knowledgeable and confident in their own abilities when it comes to budget management, analysis, planning and accuracy. The incumbent will have excellent time management, prioritization and planning skills.
You will be an enterprising and a finisher, a team player with a lot of energy and a positive attitude. The new Programs and Partnerships Manager will have to manage a busy workload and perform a range of tasks as required.
We are keen to integrate the values contained in our strategy into all aspects of the operational business, and therefore an interest in environmental issues, sustainability and nature-based solutions would be welcome.
Key result areas: main objectives
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Director of Operations and the team to design and execute the public program to support the charity’s future goals and help ensure its financial viability.
- To ensure that the Markshall Estate public program communicates and delivers an active ethic for the environment and climate action and that it is produced in a sustainable manner, in line with our vision, mission and values.
- Ensure that Markshall Estate’s public program is of the highest quality and raises the profile of the charity.
- Establish the work schedule, structure and processes for future public programming at Markshall Estate, ensuring that every aspect of planning and production is in line with programming and operational policies.
- Be responsible, actively manage and account for revenue generation for the public program through sponsorship / grants of at least £ 30,000 per year, and maximize profits through ticket sales each year.
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity in identifying and developing new profitable business opportunities and areas of business growth in public programming.
- Work closely with the team to ensure the successful planning, programming and implementation of the public program and the financial and environmental sustainability of each event, and ensure the contribution of the team at large to the public program.
- Capitalize on all business and income-generating opportunities associated with the public program.
- Be a visible ambassador of Markshall Estate, developing effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Keep abreast in all areas of the position, be aware of trends and forecasts to ensure the effectiveness of activities under the responsibility of the incumbent and determine where resources need to be prioritized to support cultural change within the organization.
- Work with the Executive Director, CFO and fundraiser on the sponsorship and grant funding plan, manage this plan carefully, and keep the public program budget up to date weekly.
- Work with the Executive Director and CFO to produce a sponsorship strategy, as part of the overall fundraising strategy for Markshall Estate.
- Identify appropriate corporate sponsorship opportunities across the public program and build strong relationships with other areas of the organization’s business to negotiate and deliver sponsorship benefits.
- Work with our fundraiser on donor perspectives for the public program and write down timelines and deadlines in line with the future public program.
- Maintain and update the referral database by undertaking a detailed search for prospects.
- Initiate and coordinate the approaches of potential sponsors and funders, establish contacts, produce an appropriate proposal and supporting documentation, and monitor and maintain communication with the sponsors.
- Negotiate and finalize sponsorship agreements, ensuring contracts are put in place quickly and efficiently.
- Implement and oversee the evaluation of all Markshall Estate Sponsorships with the support of the team, including the management of the Sponsors Department to ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled to the highest standards.
- Establish and monitor the progress of sponsor prospect lists for program events and activities.
- Implement and manage corporate culture events to ensure continued and increased support for sponsors.
- Initiate and deliver creative proposals to attract sponsors through the public program.
- Act as a liaison between the Sponsors and all relevant areas of Markshall Estate business, ensuring that all obligations to the Sponsor are met, including the management of all sponsor hospitality events.
- Assist as a host and take on specific roles or tasks at cultivation and sponsorship events.
- Provide weekly fundraising revenue and ticket sales updates to the Executive Director and the Director of Operations.
- Manage the public program budget and individual profit and loss budgets for each event.
- Make sure that budgets are scrupulously managed, never exceeded, and that the value obtained for the expenses and profits of the association is maximized at all times.
- Ensure that all financial and procurement rules and procedures of Markshall Estate are followed.
- Produce regular financial and non-financial performance reports against agreed key performance indicators.
- Ensure effective management of contracts and relationships with external partners to support business needs and optimize resources.
Human Resource Management
- Lead the planning of programming meetings and the creation of structures and processes that the team must adhere to.
- Ensure assessment, goal setting and personal development plans for all direct reports are completed.
- Facilitate and record programming meetings, disseminate actions and ensure that they are carried out on time.
- Ensure that all policies related to public programs are in place.
- Work with the Program Operations Manager on all risk management and health and safety planning.
- Stay up to date with training and best practices in public programming, sponsorship, and revenue generation development.
- Be an active ambassador for Markshall Estate and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Exercise all responsibilities in a manner that supports the values of the Markshall Estate brand.
- Develop the notoriety of Markshall Estate and its positioning with local, regional and national players.
- Achieve agreed personal goals in accordance with organizational goals and objectives.
- Work effectively with your colleagues, contractors and suppliers to continuously improve standards.
- Manage your time and workload effectively, take responsibility for all aspects of your work.
- Build strong relationships across the organization with staff and volunteers, fostering a good culture of teamwork of excellence, professionalism and consistent communication.
- Work under the terms and conditions of employment, adhere to the charity’s policies and procedures.
- Perform evening and weekend work as needed; plan and communicate replacement time with supervisor.
- Demonstrate an awareness of equal opportunities for all and a deep understanding of diversity and social inclusion through your work and communications.
- Undertake any other task that may reasonably be required.
Knowledge and experience:
- First degree or equivalent and / or qualification in event management or business management.
- Excellent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office, Excel at an advanced level; Experience in fundraising database management and project management software would be an advantage.
- Strong experience delivering operational events with demonstrable experience leading service delivery in a complex and fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines.
- Experience in leading referral programs.
- Experience in managing revenue generation through sponsorship, grant funding and ticket sales.
- Experience and knowledge of health and safety management in a visitor-oriented environment.
- Experience managing risk in a visitor-oriented environment.
- Excellent networking and collaborative skills, able to gain support from colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Commercially astute, entrepreneurial, proven ability to work innovatively and independently.
- Ability to think and act strategically and to work collaboratively with senior management and trustees.
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving and solution development.
Key success criteria
Income generation and effective teamwork are key to the success of this role. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) will include an annual sponsorship / grant funding target of £ 30,000 in 2022 and a separate target for program revenue (to be determined).
After two months in office, the successful candidate will have completed and maintain a profit and loss budget for all events scheduled until 2022-3, and after six months, will have raised £ 15,000 in sponsorship / funding (50% of l ‘annual target).
Click here for more information and to apply.