SIGNIFICANCE INC. AWARDED WESTERN AREA POWER ADMINISTRATION (WAPA) CONTRACT FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY (DOE)
ANNAPOLIS, Md., February 2, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Significance Inc. today announces the recent award of a contract to move from on-premises Hyperion Planning and Budgeting to Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Cloud for WAPA’s core budgeting system. This main contract associates Significance with Huron to provide the DOE with the following key services:
- Elevating and moving from on-premises Hyperion Planning and Budgeting to Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Cloud
- Analysis, recommendations and alternatives for modifying the application design to take advantage of EPM’s expanded capability for integrations and allocations
- Install and configure the EPM Cloud environment for things like forms, workflow, security, calculations, dimensions, distributions, aggregations, and versions
- Execution of unit tests, system integration tests, functional tests and user acceptance tests
- Migrate and populate budget formulation data to Oracle EPM Cloud
- Creation of training documentation and delivery of training to WAPA staff
“Significance has provided financial services to the federal government since its inception. This contract and this opportunity to work with Huron to provide this important capability to WAPA demonstrates our proven expertise and reflects our commitment to expanding the services we provide to our Federal customers,” said Mary Ahern Snyder, Founder and President of Significance.
Significance has a long list of partners to support its many DoD customers, but this contract represents its first contract with the DOE. The mission of DOE’s Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) is to market and deliver cost-based hydroelectric power and related services to millions of consumers in 15 western states (Arizona, California, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Wyoming). WAPA operates and maintains over 17,000 miles of transmission lines, over 300 substations and other related facilities in a service area that covers 1.3 million square miles.
About Significance Inc.
Significance Inc. is designated as an economically disadvantaged woman-owned small business with offices in Alexandria, VA and Annapolis, MD. Founded in 2014 by Marie Ahern Snyder, the company provides consulting services to the government in the areas of financial management and audit assistance; SAP; trading systems; Program and project management; Advanced analytics and decision support; Transformation & Strategy; and systems support training. To learn more, visit www.significanceinc.com
SOURCE Meaning Inc